Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

Despite being nearly a decade old and considered a commercial failure in its time, Nintendo's Wii U system is still receiving occasional new games from third-party developers. One such game, Reversi 32, is finally released on the platform after a remarkably long development time.

In the initial reveal trailer for the Wii U system, an adaptation of the classic board game Reversi was showcased, featuring a function where the board could be tilted to slide the pieces off. This concept never saw an official release, but an indie developer decided to take on fulfilling this idea.

The game will only be available to download until the Wii U Eshop closes next year.

I wonder what caused Reversi 32 to take 7 years to make. Reversi 32 looks like an interesting board game.

I swear this needn't exist. Didn't it get something like this before? Why so late?

If it was available to purchase outside of the PAL regions, I'd buy Reversi 32 for the lulz the sheer novelty of it being one of the last games to be released for the Wii U.

It's an interesting take on Reversi with the Gamepad touchscreen functionality, but I'd turn to good old Othello for the NES for my Reversi/Othello fix since Reversi 32 isn't sold on my region's Wii U eShop. Region locking is my sworn arch nemesis that's keeping me from playing a game of Reversi or two with Bigley.

Back