Do we even care anymore?

Henrywrites

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
A lot of times, we do things considering how people will view our actions. We avoid doing things that make us happy. O have arrived at the stage where I don't really care anymore.

Are you affected by people's perception?

I care to a degree, but not as much as I used to.

Honestly the older I get, the less I care about what others think of me as a person. I try to surround myself with people who like me for me, and I know not everyone does.

I do. I wish I could reset my brain somehow but I just can't help it.
I try not to standout and I just want to be one among many.

People can go to hell with what they think. What I think is what matters.

Humans can be heavily influenced by how others view them and it's completely understandable to feel that way. It takes a lot of courage and self-awareness to reach a point where you prioritize your own happiness over what others think of you. At the end of the day, what matters most is that you're living a life that's true to yourself, and not one that's solely based on other people's opinions.

Humans can be heavily influenced by how others view them and it's completely understandable to feel that way. It takes a lot of courage and self-awareness to reach a point where you prioritize your own happiness over what others think of you. At the end of the day, what matters most is that you're living a life that's true to yourself, and not one that's solely based on other people's opinions.
I know for certain that one's gonna have a miserable life if one needs affirmation from others to lead their lives.

It depends on whom I'm showing the care for. It's not for everyone I would care so much about what they have to say or do but a few people, probably family.

I think the human race has declined in morals & caring. People are on the internet & it's easier to bully when you are behind a screen & not doing it to somebody's face. We also don't know the impact of what we say, even if we say something completely innocent, when we don't have the face to face visual & audio as a guide.
But I'm also of the belief that while we can't change others, we can change ourselves. :)

I think the human race has declined in morals & caring. People are on the internet & it's easier to bully when you are behind a screen & not doing it to somebody's face. We also don't know the impact of what we say, even if we say something completely innocent, when we don't have the face to face visual & audio as a guide.
But I'm also of the belief that while we can't change others, we can change ourselves. :)
The toxicity which goes on different social media sites is freaking crazy. You hardly find the so called Gen z with any atom of respect or regard for anything.

I do what makes me happy and I don't care what other people have to say or think unless it is my wife. Because I am almost 50 years old and I am going to live the rest of my life being happy and not wishing I would have done something different.

I do what makes me happy and I don't care what other people have to say or think unless it is my wife. Because I am almost 50 years old and I am going to live the rest of my life being happy and not wishing I would have done something different.
Waiting for peoples approval before you do something that makes you happy is going to leave you frustrated and unhappy for the rest of your life. Your happiness comes first which is why you have to pay attention to that irrespective of what other people have to say.

As much as I try not to be affected by other's perceptions, I do find that I still choose to not do certain things because I worry about what others think.

I have gotten better at not caring but I know I still care somewhat about what others think and I do need to get into the mindset that if I am happy with my life and what I am doing is making me happy and helping me provide for my family, then it shouldn't matter what others think.

I stopped caring about what people thought of what I did or said. The only ones that really matter when it comes to that are family, really close friends and whoever Im dating at the time.

Back