Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from Nintendolife:

Veronica Taylor: “I don’t know if I fully have said [goodbye] to Ash. When we were all recast, or fired—however you want to put it—after the eighth season, it was incredibly devastating to not have a chance to go on with the show. I’ve had a bit of PTSD with the ending, of just how sad it is.”

"You, as an actor, are so disposable. You have to come to terms with that...When you’re in the booth, you have to just try and be in the moment and put all of that out of your mind. Otherwise it’s all so crippling.”

In the end, Sarah Natochenny was the one to follow Ash's arc to its conclusion. She even shared her final emotional moments of recording when the series wrapped up last September, calling it an "extraordinary privilege" to voice the same character for 17 years.

Veronica Taylor also chimed in at the time of Ash's goodbye, mentioning how she had "loved every minute" working on the anime and how it had been "an incredible 25 year journey" with him, Pikachu and the Pokémon community.

aw man. I didn't know she was fired. A true original voice of Ash

However, I did meet Sarah at a convention one time. She's nice. Super tall too. haha

Reactions: cm2
If they still keep Ash in Pokemon media, at least people will always remember the more iconic first voice of Ash.

Back